What You Need to Know when Considering Dental Implants
Getting teeth implants is a permanent decision, so you need to be aware of the following facts and factors.
What are Dental Implants?
These are teeth implants that are used to replace a single tooth, many teeth, or even all of the teeth. They are very small titanium screws that are surgically embedded in the jawbone. Once attached, a special dental connector is placed on the implant to hold a crown, bridge, or dentures for a natural look and feel.
What are the Main Benefits of Teeth Implants?
Dental implants have become an extremely popular treatment because they offer a number of outstanding benefits. These include:
- The most long-lasting treatment for missing teeth
- Can be used on almost anyone who has lost a tooth, many teeth, or all of their teeth
- The beauty and comfort of natural teeth since they are connected to the jawbone
- Improving appearance
- Increasing confidence
- Making it easier to eat, talk, and enjoy an active lifestyle
- No damage to adjacent healthy teeth
- They won’t shift or slip because they’re securely attached
- Can last a lifetime with good dental hygiene habits and regular professional dental care
What Else Should be Considered before Opting for Treatment?
In addition to the many cosmetic and comfort benefits of teeth implants, it’s important to be aware of the following:
- The procedure is painless because patients receive anesthetic during the implants dentistry procedure. There may be minor pain or swelling after the anesthesia has worn off, but this can be relieved with an over-the-counter pain medication.
- Dental implants have a more than 97 percent success rate, which makes implants dentistry a wise investment in your dental health.
- The proven success of teeth implants can help justify their slightly higher cost compared with other restoration options.
- If cost is a concern, the treatment is sometimes covered by insurance and many dentists offer financing options.
Do I Need an All-on-4® Treatment?
This has become a popular option in implants dentistry because it only requires four dental implants to replace all of the upper or lower teeth. It is typically used if you have experienced extensive bone loss in the back of the mouth.
Are Teeth Implants the Best Choice for Your Smile?
When it comes to selecting a dental restoration treatment, you need to talk to your implants dentistry specialist about the treatment that’s right for your dental and personal needs.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Abington, call Drs. Finkelman & Machlus, DDS today at (215) 310-5826 or make an appointment.
Drs. Finkelman & Machlus, DDS offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Abington. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Drs. Finkelman & Machlus, DDS, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Drs. Finkelman & Machlus, DDS.