5 Simple Steps for Finding a Dentist
Affordable dentists help millions of people keep their beautiful smiles throughout life. The dental patients with the healthiest teeth are the ones who have a good relationship with their dentist, and keep their scheduled appointments. If you have relocated and don’t have any local friends or family, it can be difficult to determine which local dentists in Abington can best meet your needs. You may only need a family or general dentist, or you may require a specialist such as an orthodontist or an oral surgeon. Whatever your dental needs are, the following five steps can help you locate a great dentist anywhere. Finding a dentist in Abington who you trust may take a little homework, but the following five steps can help in your search:
- Family members, friends, neighbors, and coworkers can often recommend affordable dentists who have given them great care. If you don’t know anyone in the area, ask healthcare professionals like doctors, nurses, and pharmacists for advice. You can also consult local dental societies.
- Search the Internet to find local dentists, their websites, and reviews their patients have written about them. You can use resources like the online Yellow Pages or review sites like Angie’s List. Avoid choosing dentists with unusually low prices or multiple negative reviews.
- After you’ve narrowed your choices to a few local dentists in Abington, schedule a face-to-face consultation with each to learn more. During your visits, ask the dentists important questions, such as what types of advanced technologies they use, how they handle weekend emergencies, and what types of payment options are available.
- When you find a reputable dentist who seems to be the right fit, schedule an appointment. At your first exam, pay attention to how the dentist behaves. Observe the condition of the clinic’s equipment and work areas. Good dentists will explain your condition in detail and offer you specific recommendations for treating current problems and preventing future ones.
- Evaluate your experience after any required dental work is complete. Did you receive courteous, gentle treatment from all members of the dental team? Did the dentist explain what was happening during the procedure? Was pain control adequate? If your comfort level was high, and you have few or no preventable complications, you’ve found a dentist who cares about your smile.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Abington, call Drs. Finkelman & Machlus, DDS today at (215) 310-5826 or make an appointment.
Drs. Finkelman & Machlus, DDS offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Abington. Our office is conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Drs. Finkelman & Machlus, DDS, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Drs. Finkelman & Machlus, DDS.